Friday, November 03, 2006

I just began writing a post about the pumpkin sage pasta from Rachael Ray that I made last night, but who can concentrate on pasta when there are brownies in the oven?

So I will make the pumpkin post a quick one. I was intrigued with the idea of a pumpkin pasta sauce, and I was not satisfied until I made this one. It was yummy, and a very festive orange color. The sauce was a bit thick, but that might be due to the fact that I took the white wine down from 1/2 C to just a splash, and then I cooked it to death so there was no alcohol left (ryan had to drive to the church after dinner - didn't want him to be tipsy). I don't think this will be a pasta that I make regularly, but it is a good one. Plus- pumpkin and onions are good for you, and this recipe is full of 'em!

I would have taken a picture, but after the pasta sat for a little while, it absorbed a lot of the sauce and it didn't look so good. Next time I will serve the sauce on top instead of tossing the pasta with it.

1 comment:

Paige said...

So I clicked on the link to read Rachel Ray's recipe, and they had a good photo of the pasta. It was a good photo of everything except the huge obtrusive bony and awkward hand smack dab in the middle of the pasta dish. Hmm... Maybe Rachel should read up a little on food photography herself...