Saturday, November 18, 2006

I haven't posted any recipes recently. That's because I haven't been making as many new recipes, and also because I noticed a correlation between the number of new recipes I make/post and the number I see on the scale. It's unfortunate.

Anyway, I have been trying to create just the right coconut truffle for this month's sugar high friday. Since these truffles were good, but not just right, I am posting them before the actual event. Like I said, they were good. But the texture was not quite as smooth as I was hoping. I am actually only posting them because I am embarrassed about the quality of food photography thus far on The Glutton. I am hoping to bring up the average grade here. I spent some time last week with the camera. Hurray for manual focus and natural lighting!

I made the truffles with chocolate ganache made with coconut milk instead of cream. Then I whipped the ganache after it cooled, made little truffles and dipped them in dark chocolate. oh yeah, don't forget to roll them in almonds. That was the best part!  Posted by Picasa

No comments: