Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fall Recipes

Forgive me for no pictures, my camera is dumb. Here are a few recipes for fall. Lately I've been trying to eat healthy, easy, and cheaply. These all fit the bill quite nicely, and they've been a hit with my three-year-old, which is always a plus. I think she ate an entire butternut squash when I made the puree. It was a fall miracle.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries - We LOVE these. They have been a great excuse to eat tomatillo ranch dressing that we have leftover from pork tacos. But these fries are good plain or with ketchup.

Butternut Squash Puree- Try it or she'll deck ya.


Lentil Chili ok so I haven't actually tried this yet, but it looks good and fally. I am making it for dinner tonight.

And this one does not fit my "healthy" requirement at all, but I'm a sucker for nutmeg so I made them anyway and they were so yummy! Try Nutmeg Doughnut Muffins. And don't skip over the blog post, it's one of my favorites from molly.

Wait, wait! Before you go, did I ever tell you about Easy Swedish Apple Pie? No? Well, I meant to. I was just hoping to have pictures to go along with it. Make it. You won't be sorry. It is so good and buttery, and actually not really pie at all, but tastier and easier. Plus, you can double it and put it in a 9 x 13 pan. Hooray!

2 comments:

Paige said...

I'm totally making the butternut squash and sweet potato recipes. I'm so glad you posted these because I've been looking for a sure-fire sweet potato fries recipe for a L O N G time. Too long. Thank you!

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Mmm, sweet potato fries!

Thanks for adding us as a friend on Foodbuzz. We welcome you to come visit our site!